Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thomas' story about the death of his dog Tui.

Read Thomas' sad story about the death of his dog Tui. What powerful personal voice he has put in his writing.


It was a normal night and Tui was sitting on her mat.  Mum thought she was having a hard time breathing.  The next morning we took her to the vet.  We had to wait until it was our turn. First they weighed her and then we went into a room.  They said they would have to do an operation.  I felt scared.  The next day Dad took us back to the vet.  We went into a room and they showed us some x-rays which showed the fluid that they had drained out of her.  We took her home and they said to keep an eye on her.  
A week later she was having trouble breathing so Mum took a video on her ipad and we had to put her down.  
I was so sad.  We walked into the room and the vet came in and had an injection for Tui. They put a little bit in then more and more until it was all gone.  
Tui had lost the fight.  There was silence.  Then we wrapped her up and put her in the ute.  We drove home and Dad started to dig a hole.  Once it was finshed he put her into the hole and left her in peace.

by Thomas 

8 comments:

  1. What a sad story Thomas, but what beautiful writing. I really like how you have described what you were feeling as well as what happened. I also really like how you have different sentence lengths as this makes it interesting for the reader. My feed forward for you would be to add a short description of what Tui was like. What did she look like? What type of personality did she have?
    Ka pai Thomas!
    Miss Dare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas thank you coming over to share your beautiful recount about loosing your precious dog Tui. I can really connect with how that must have been for you from your writing. It had such a profound impact on me that I cried. I had a dog called Emmie that had to be put to sleep by the vet. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Thank you for being such an awesome author Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pice of writing give me goos bumps and I stared to cry.

      Delete
  4. Wow Thomas, I heard you read this heart renching piece of amazing writing. You shared your emotions and brought tears to my eyes.
    What an incredible author you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt sad because your dog had to be put to sleep, thank you Thomas for your a,azing story
    From your friend KK (Kaleb Edgecombe)

    Thank Thomas for sharing your sad story.
    From Lucas Edgecombe

    Thank you Thomas for your amazing story, I loved the way you described how you where feeling and how much love you showed for your pet dog Tui. My heart feels sad, but I know where-ever you are Tui will always be there with you by your side protecting you and catching all your tears of love. I always love seeing you at school and your beautiful big wide happy face.
    Love always Bernie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way that you used detail in your writing. and i feel sorry for you and your dog. Fletcher daubney

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the Starsixes read this story on Tuesday everyone was very quiet afterwards and the teacher's eyes leaked!!! Lots of us have had to say goodbye to our pets just like you did and so we could all understand your sadness and we knew exactly how you were feeling. Thank you for sharing this special story with us all Thomas.We will say prayers for you and Tui too.
    From all of us in the Starsixes

    ReplyDelete