Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Lido

WALT use describing words in our writing.

                    At the Lido

When I waited for Karen, me and Emily got tickets to the hydroslide.  I was really nervous because I have never been on a hydroslide before.
I followed Emily carefully up the stairs. My tummy felt like I was going to be sick. I was about to tell Emily I don’t want to do this! But then I had to shake of all my nervous bits. I felt a bit better after that.
Finally the time came. I went up anther bunch of stairs. It made me tired already. Then Emily told me what to do, she said the light was green but it didn’t look green. Emily had all ready gone. It looked like it was going so fast I quickly put my feet in and closed my eyes.
Just then I opened my eyes it was pitch black with red lines all around. 
By Natalie 

5 comments:

  1. An amazing piece of writing Natalie, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie it was a pleasure to have you come over and share your amazing piece of writing with me on Wednesday. There are lots of examples of your use of personal voice, adjectives and adverbs. Keep up the great writing Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done natalie you hooked me in to your story with that stunning peace of writing.



    Emily(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. The STARsixes really enjoyed reading this super piece of writing from one of their good friends last Tuesday. You really hooked us in Natalie and some of the comments were...
    "I hope Natalie writes a follow up to this story".
    " I know just how Natalie felt because I felt like that on my first try".
    "I could feel just how nervous Natalie was from this story".
    "I have never been on the big hydroslide yet and now I think I would like to try".
    Thanks for some great writing Nat.
    From all of us in the STARsixes

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I have really really inspired this learning by Gabi

    ReplyDelete